How does the POD work?
The Prescription Ordering Department is staffed by Pharmacy Technicians and Customer Service operatives, who are supported by expert Pharmacists. The POD is open between 8.30am and 5.30pm.
If you are being prescribed a repeat medication you can order the item when it becomes due by either:
- Calling our new Prescription Ordering Department on 0121 468 0022 to place your request over the telephone
- Ordering it electronically via the NHS app
Please note that you should not wait until you have you have run out of medication before you request your repeat medication as the practice requires administrative time to process all orders. Please allow up to 72 hours from your request being submitted for the practice to process your repeat request.
Ordering repeat prescriptions electronically
For a more convenient service the practice has introduced electronic ordering of repeat prescriptions via the NHS app
To register for the service you will be asked to fill in a few details to generate an account.
We DO NOT accept prescription request over the phone at the surgery. Please call POD
NHS prescription costs
- The current prescription charge is £9.65 per item
Save money with a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
- The 3-month PPC costs £31.25 and will save you money if you need more than 3 prescribed items in 3 months
- The 12-month PPC costs £111.60 and will save you money if you need more than 11 prescribed items in a year
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website