Get a free NHS test to check if you have coronavirus
You can have a swab test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) now.
Who can get a free test
You can only get a free NHS test if at least one of the following applies:
- you have a high temperature
- you have a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
- you’ve been asked to by a local council
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
You can also get a test for someone you live with if they have symptoms.
If you’re going into hospital
You may need to get tested if you’re due to have surgery or a procedure.
The hospital will arrange this for you. Contact your hospital department if you have any questions.
NHS COVID-19 app
For information about testing for coronavirus and what to do if you’re contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service, please use the following links: